Friday 12 June 2009

Some things are worth the sacrifice

This morning we had to leave at daybreak to make a trip down to Essex for an early business appointment. I say 'we' - the appointment was my husband's - I was just tagging along to keep him company on what was likely to be a lengthy and tedious round trip.

We had to leave at 04:00am to make it in time and the sky was just starting to lighten and the birds were winding themselves into a full musical greeting of the dawn. It's a glorious sound and one that never troubles me - it's something to be enjoyed and rejoiced.

Click the photo for a larger view.

As the light levels grew, it was evident that it was going to be a gorgeous morning. The sky was almost completely clear and the air cool. I really do love early mornings, they always feel like the best bit of the day on days like this. It was incredibly tedious to have to set the alarm that early, but well worth it when you get to enjoy the day coming to life in that way, even from a car on the motorway.

Click the photo for a larger view.

There was a heavy mist from each body of water we passed, spilling over the fields as it dissipated and the light went from blue to golden within an hour and I snatched a few photos from the car window on my compact camera.

Click the photo for a larger view.

I hadn't thought much of having to rise that early, but it really did prove worth it, it was a delightful start to a day.

4 comments:

AMIdesigns said...

Those photos are incredible! I love early summer mornings but I like my bed too much to see them very often :D

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful pics boo! must confess if i was up that early to see the daybreak, i would most likely go back to bed afterwards!!! glad it made the horrid journey so pleasant for you both :)

Bigbluebed said...

Beautiful pictures.
I miss getting up at 5am for work - but then again I don't.

Steve Allender said...

Oh Boo, once you've done the getting out of bed bit, it's the best time of day by far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails