Wednesday 6 October 2010

Etsy UK sellers collaborate on the 'UK Silly Sale'

I've been selling on the US based sales venue Etsy for some time and UK sellers there have teamed up to run a special one day pre-Christmas sale called the 'UK Silly Sale' - the idea being to 'clear the decks before decking the halls'.

It is officially scheduled as a single day sale and promotional event on Friday 8th October, but many sellers are extending their discounts for a longer period, as am I. If you visit Etsy and search for 'UK silly sale', it will turn up all manner of bargains from the talented artisans (and vintage and supplies sellers too) in the UK who have shops there - everything from hand spun yarns, delicious baked goods, handmade soaps, handbags, hats, bee hotels, paper goods and original art.

It is very much a team effort, individual sellers set the details of their own personal sale, but we are communally promoting the Silly Sale and helping each other. One of the features is that we each create an Etsy treasury of items in the sale or from sellers participating - a collection of individual items on a theme. I've done one already, but there are so many gorgeous things to choose from that I will need to do at least another one.

My own Silly Sale will run for a full week and across my two main on-line selling venues - my own web site and my shop on Etsy. I'm offering 15% discount off everything in both shops for one full week from midnight on Tuesday 5th October - so it's already running now. Nothing else has been compromised whatsoever, the same high standard of workmanship and service - just lower prices for a few days.


This is a perfect opportunity to get a head start on your Christmas shopping, or just treat yourself to something you've had your eye on and save yourself some pennies too - we all need a little extra help in these difficult times.



Christmas gift service:

If you would like Christmas gift items (or gifts for any occasion for that matter) sending directly to the recipient, I am always happy to do this for you at no extra charge (although there's a modest postage supplement if sending overseas, as with all orders) - I will gift wrap items, as shown, as I do anyway on all items, and include a Christmas card with a personal message from you.

If you want to order now to take advantage of the discounted prices, I can schedule the item to be posted to the recipient nearer the festivities on a date to be agreed with you.

If you're buying items intended to be given as gifts in person, at any time, please let me know when you place the order so that I can ensure that you have gift-wrapping materials included, but the item is left un-sealed to allow you to inspect it when it arrives, ready to re-wrap to give.

Some of my new fabric keepsake pouches - a little touch of luxury for storing your jewellery pieces or can be used as a travel case.

I have made some fabric keepsake pouches, as shown in the photographs, which are ideal for gift giving as they can be re-used for storing the jewellery piece, or as a travelling jewellery case - I use one myself for just that. For the duration of the Silly Sale, one hand made fabric keepsake pouch will be included with all orders.

1 comment:

AMIdesigns said...

Good luck with your sale Boo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails